An autonomous vehicle requires approaches for sensing, information processing, behavior generation, control, and cooperation. Although our team worked in all of these domains our main research focus is in vision based perception and environment interpretation. Among others, we are currently working on the following projects:
- efficient large resolution stereo vision (Benjamin Ranft, Andreas Geiger)
- optimal path and trajectory planning for autonomous vehicles (Julius Ziegler)
- intersection detection and estimation from video sequences (Andreas Geiger)
- scene understanding from 3D lidar data (Frank Moosmann)
- collaborative driving strategies and longitudinal control of vehicle convoys (all)
Related research projects of our hosting institute can also be found on its website
You can find our publications on the publication list of the Institute of Measurement and Control.